Wednesday, March 21, 2012


The only two times I wish I were a male instead of female: that time of the month and getting to say "who's the man?" and actually be referring to myself. It doesn't sound quite the same when you ask who the woman is. Meh. Either way. I rock. I made cream of broccoli soup tonight. It.Was.So.Good. Like... I might even eat the leftovers good. I know, right?
Before I continue watching this killer documentary on National Parks and how they came to be, I wanted to share the recipe.

Cream of Broccoli Soup
2 TB chickpea flour
2 TB butter (margarine)
1 cup onion (diced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
2 huge stalks of broccoli (chopped)
4 cups veggie broth
2 cups milk (rice)
1/4 cup raw cashews (grinded to a powder)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 TB miso
pepper (to taste)

Melt the butter over medium heat in a large, beautiful stainless steel pot (or, you know, whatever you have) and slowly add the flour. Whisk constantly for 2ish minutes. You have have a roux! (or so I've been told) Add onions. Saute for a few minutes and then add the garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add the remaining ingredients. Up the heat so it comes to a boil. Turn the heat down a bit and leave it be for 10 minutes. (You can stir every once in awhile. I'll let you.) You're done! Now I hope by this time you have already decided on making these biscuits and those have been baking in the oven for the past 15 minutes. Your dinner in now complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment