Thursday, March 15, 2012

Most important event in the past week: we made thin mints. Don't get me wrong. The dough was simply awful. We rolled them out and stuck them in the freezer for a few days and not one was missing after checking on them today. That means that Scott didn't touch them. That means I was a little weary even proceeding on to the next step of coating them with chocolate. But we did. And I'm so glad! They're perfect. They actually ARE thin mints! Can I just say that I love girl scout cookies? To finally have them back in my life again... I don't even know what to say... except 'Thank God'.

We made our favorite salad for dinner tonight. (from the Native Foods cookbook) Save the chicken salad ... or something to that effect. It's got this fantastic orange dressing. Yum.

And it's pretty, yes?

Scott made stir fry last night. I always leave the spices up to him. I somehow always manage to ruin it when I'm in charge. Stir fry is Scott's thang.

I made spinach soup. Meh. It's no Jyoti, but it'll do. Spinach, red potatoes, thyme, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and nutmeg. (That's my secret spice. Nutmeg. I usually use it in sauces and soups even where it doesn't seem to belong. It works. It always works.)

(soup preparation shot)


And this. This is what we hear while we are cooking, while we aren't cooking, while we're sleeping, while we're awake, while we're talking, while we're silently watching a movie, while we're laughing, while we're crying, while we're trying to CONCENTRATE. I love him dearly but do you see that open mouth? His mouth doesn't shut. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment