Thursday, July 5, 2012

Why not start off with this guy?  He's not in the kitchen and we have no plans on eating him, but he likes food too... a lot... and he's cute.  

Life's biggest regret: only buying one jar of nutmeg jam while in Grenada.  I mean, what were we thinking?!  We weren't.  That's exactly the problem.  

We got more gadgets for the kitchen.  Because the cookbook we just got told us to.  We do as we're told.  

Grits and roasted plantains.  I don't think Scott was a fan... but I surely was.  Yum.  

This is the first recipe we tried out of the Babycakes cookbook.  The measurements were a bit off but the taste was right on.  Heh.  Right on! 

Our favorite sandwich.  Everything bagels.  I mean, really.  They are where it's at.  I have this food crush on bagels.  I'm hoping to one day go back to New York City and eat a bagel or 5.  I hear they're the best.  Anthony Bourdain just ate some in Quebec and said they ran a close second.  I think I'll stick with NYC.  

I whipped up some carrot soup the other night.  A dish with carrots that wasn't called carrot curry.  I didn't think such a thing was possible.  IMMMMpossible... things are happening everrrry daaaaay! (mom)

We had some cornbread to go along with the soup.  Yes.  This is cornbread.  What the heck, right?  What is up with these recipes?  They tasted divine, but they were cookies.  I wasn't looking to eat cornbread cookies!  

We celebrated Scott's birthday on Sunday.  His actual birthday was Monday but he was bummed on having a Monday birthday.  So... Sunday we made some donuts (baked!) to start the day.  

And we made gigantic fully loaded burritos for dinner.  

And then we ate out at Mama's Bakery and had ice cream cake for dessert on the real anniversary of his birth.  

I love celebrating other's birthdays.  I love to see happiness.  



You know what I don't love? I don't love a 60 degree cloudy 4th of July.  I had to wear boots (sweet stylish yellow boots but still), jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a jacket, and a warm hat.   Don't even TALK to me about 100 degree weather, east coasters.  I hate you all.  (Not really.  I didn't mean that.) 

2 comments:

  1. Kristin, Seriously, you really make me happy with these posts. I LOVE them.....and you. I mean those references to me---awesome. BTW I just wish my 4th of July was cool like yours..Keep posting, we'll be waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Yum!! What perfect donuts, must be the great gift of a donut pan. Stay warm, your heat is coming.

    ReplyDelete