Saturday, April 14, 2012

Earlier this week:

Baked potato. Loaded fully. Apparently potatoes are everyone's food of choice. (According to Facebook anyway) I might have to agree.

Taco salad. Winged it well. Brown rice, red bell pepper, garlic, corn, cilantro, pepperjack Daiya cheese, tomato, avocado, cabbage, cumin, cayenne, smoked paprika, pepper, salt, lime juice. Topped with sour cream. Enjoyed with chips.

Creamed cabbage and some roasted veggies. Sometimes I try to pretend I'm in Germany again. It's not quite the same in my kitchen. Good, yes, but not the same. (Saute onions in 1 TB butter, add a couple cloves of chopped garlic, and a decent amount of cabbage. Once everything is cooking down nicely, add a splash of milk, a sprinkle of brown rice flour and nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper to your liking.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
And so we have approached today.

Gluten free pancakes being prepared while I sleep in till 10am on Saturday. Now that's love. (I love Scott, I love pancakes, and I love when things are gluten free. All you need is love. Did you just think about how dreamy Ewan McGregor is too?)


Dinner was delicious as well. I made milletandbroccoli-fins (A mixture of millet and broccoli formed into muffin tins. What else would you call 'em?) with a yellow bell pepper sauce and baked tofu.

Cook 1 cup of millet and 2 1/2 cups of veggie broth. When just about all of the liquid has boiled out, add 1 cup finely chopped broccoli. While waiting for this, saute 1/2 onion and 3 cloves garlic. Add to the millet and broccoli along with 1/4 cup Daiya pepperjack cheese, pepper, cayenne, smoked paprika, and Braggs. You will now spoon this mixture into muffin tins and bake @ 375 for about 20 minutes.

For the sauce, cut up a yellow bell pepper and roast the pepper until the parts touching the pan have blackened (375 degrees for about 30 minutes):
Blend up the roasted pepper with salt and pepper, 1 TB balsamic vinegar, 2 TB olive oil, 1 TB lemon juice, 1 TB maple syrup, 3 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup raw almonds, 1/4 cup ground flax. You may add water or more oil if necessary.

Put a handful of spinach on your plate, sprinkle a bit of apple cider vinegar over it, place the 'fins down, spoon the sauce over 'em, sprinkle with hot sauce if desired (smoked chipotle... mmm...) and buy some San Diego Soy Dairy tofu to eat on the side (no other kind will do).
I just keep getting better and better. Seriously. This dinner was good. Not just good but good. You know?

I'm going to go continue boasting elsewhere. Maybe I'll finish watching Pet Sematary. (Maybe not...) Have you noticed how much scarier a movie is (no matter how scary it really isn't) when the sun goes down and you're the only one home? Don't even get me started on reading in said conditions. Salem's Lot? Ugh!

It doesn't help that my cat looks and acts just like 'Church'.

Thanks a lot. Talking to you guys about my being a pansy has turned me into one. I need to go turn some lights on. We'll meet up again tomorrow, I'm sure. Same time, same place. Okay? Dinner will be worth it. I promise.







1 comment:

  1. well, I must say that you are really turning into a gourmet vegan chef. Geez. I could not even beging to make half that stuff. And it sounds delicious. I may have to break down and try out some of those recipes. Thanks for listing how to make them. MMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete