Saturday, March 3, 2012

Everybody Love Everybody

(thinkofsomethingwittytostartoffwiththinkofsomethingwittytostartoffwiththinkofsomething
wittytostartoffwith)
I got nothin. No, no wait. I do have somethin. I have this amazing recipe of tabouli that I wanted (needed) to share. If you were to eat only one meal for the rest of your life, I should damn well hope you choose this. Seriously. So. Good.
Let me start off this new chapter in my blogging life to say that I don't usually write down ingredients as I'm putting them together. Sometimes I'll just know how to make it again because they only spice I left out was cinnamon. (My mom tells me that my meals are too complicated and include too many ingredients. I say the more the better. I guess this recipe is a great example of that. I hope everyone tries it... even my mom. Cuz it's worth stocking up at Whole Food's bulk department for) Sometimes I get done eating the best meal of my life (since last night's dinner) and I haven't a clue how to experience that satisfaction again. Do I ramble too much? Anyway, to the point, I don't usually write recipes down as I'm making them. I didn't write last night's down either but I remember it. For my many fans, though, I promise to get better about that in the future. You deserve to eat the wonderful meals I eat. Really. I don't even know you but I know you deserve it.
So. Tabouli.

1 cup millet or quinoa cooked
1 can chickpeas
1-2 carrots grated
1 stalk celery diced
1 tomato diced
1 avocado (squash it)
1 huge handful of spinach chopped
1 persian cucumber (yes. persian.)
1/2 onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
3 TB fresh dill chopped
1 TB apple cider vinegar
1 TB balsamic vinegar
1 TB red wine vinegar
2 TB mustard
2 TB braggs
2 TB nutritional yeast
1/2 lemon juiced
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp pepper

Cook the millet (1 cup grain, 2 cups water). Saute the onion and garlic. (I hate raw onions. You don't have to cook them if you don't want. Whatevs.) Mix everything together. Get back with me.
Yes, I love you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment