Friday, March 19, 2010

and he says to me "HEY! you're part of it!"



I thought I was in love... and then I walked by the Ocean Beach People's Co-op and noticed they sold mason jars. It was then that I knew I was in love. It's the little things in life, eh?
I made a quick Quinoa salad with mango and black beans. Yum. Cilantro is growing on me. (no, no. It's not actually growing on me...) The red wine vinegar and mango complimented each other nicely (even though the mango wasn't the very best... it still worked in the salad). I don't think you can eat a mango in Hawaii and ever have a comparable one elsewhere. It simply isn't possible. That saddens me at times. I also get saddened when I think about never eating an avocado again that weighs one whole pound. Or maybe it was two?
So lets see... I'm saving these delicious looking rice paper wraps for Sunday. I'm not so sure what tomorrow's dinner will consist of yet. I have a day to decide. I think I'll go to the beach to think it over. I'll hang out at the beach awhile... maybe get a gingernized smoothie... clean house... do laundry... and cook. Mayhaps I'll make a new dessert? I'm still munching on the chewy oatmeal cookies. I love when a dessert recipe isn't Scott's cup of tea. I made those over a week ago and I still have a handful left! I didn't even know that was possible in this house.
Did I mention we're most likely renting both garages below the apartment? DARK ROOM!! I don't know that I'll ever come upstairs again! Ok. I exaggerate. I can't stay away from the kitchen that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment