Sunday, June 10, 2012















 So, since last we spoke, we have.... gone to Lake Tahoe and I got to see the water at its absolute prettiest.  Seriously.  The blues were going crazy over that holiday weekend.  Love.

We also drove up to Long Beach to support our good friend Tanner Shay.  There was a showing of his TOTALLY AWESOME film 'The Incendiary Adventures Of a Scientist Gone Mad!'  Please keep your eyes and ears peeled in the future for that name.  And don't forget I was the one who told you to do so.

Since we were already up that way, we stopped at the infamous Amoeba record store and this little place called Babycakes NYC. Umm... I don't even know what to say.  I am beyond words.  'Yum' doesn't do justice to this heavenly establishment.  It'll have to do, though.  It was the kind of food which  made you realize your whole life, until that moment, had been worthless.  You realized that, until that moment, you really hadn't lived.  While driving around the streets of L.A., Scott and I agreed that we could die at that moment and it would be okay.  We would die completely happy.  We would die having tasted the best cupcakes and doughnuts the world has ever known.  I guess I'm a little depressed now.  For the past week I looked forward to dinner every night only because I knew a cupcake was to follow.  Maybe that's why I haven't updated lately.  I've been too busy.  Too busy dreaming day and night about treats.

I've been dreaming about treats and thinking about how I must convince Anthony Bourdain to come to San Diego so I can cook for him.  We watched an episode of his show yesterday from India.  He made a comment about how he was surprised that a vegetarian actually tasted good.  Come on.  I'll show you what's up, Tony.

**ps - I'm sorry it's been so long.  Really, I am.  I've just had a lot on my plate.  (Heh heh, get it?) 

3 comments:

  1. You are something. I think I would have liked to tag along on that trip to L.A. I like movies and cupcakes too ya know....oh and you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, beautiful pictures of Lake Tahoe. I was actually looking forward to a wedding there (only because I have never visited Tahoe)!!! The water colors are absolutely amazing. Actually, anywhere you guys decide will be great for a wedding, because you guys are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so how would someone send cupcakes to Kristin and Scott????? You definitely need to have a great dessert after a great meal, and a long day at work.

    ReplyDelete