Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Two nights ago, in a kitchen far far away...
^ This is from one of my favorite bloggers. I always make it slightly different adding whatever veggies we have in the fridge. This is definitely in heavy rotation around our house. I think I already blogged about this one. Makes sense since it's SO DANG GOOD.

And then there was last night.
^ These are my worst nightmare. (insert this sound here) Who knew that baking potato chips would be so hard? Certainly not me. That's why I tried making some a few nights ago and then made the mistake of trying again last night. Will I not learn? Two things I have to accept about myself: 1) I'm not good as kneading or rolling out dough 2) I simply cannot bake a chip to save my life. Okay. Exaggeration (on the chips, not the dough). I did make a small batch that turned out alright. But I had ripped out half of my hair in the meantime.

Oh I also accidentally cooked an avocado last night too. Perhaps that's where the stress began. You see, placing an avocado in the oven for a day or so (with the oven turned off) helps speed up the ripening process. I did just that upon my return from the grocery store. Not 30 minutes later I turned the oven on and proceeded to prep dinner. It smelled like something was cooking but I hadn't put anything in the oven yet. Oh wait. Yes I did! 10 Minutes earlier! It's funny when I think back on it now. It certainly was not funny at the time thank you very much.

^ Anyway, this is the dinner I made to go alongside the chips. It's a reuben... kinda. I had kielbasa left over that I needed to use up. I marinated some cabbage (instead of marinating tempeh) to put over the sausage then topped it with homemade thousand island dressing (thanks Vegan with a Vengeance!). I had never eaten a reuben sandwich before so I'm not sure how they're supposed to taste. All I know is that this tastes good.

You know what else tastes good?

^Mama's. Falafel, stuffed grape leaves, baba ghanouj, fresh pita. What more could a girl ask for?
Well... I could ask for a Rittersport bar. Yum....


Oh did I mention I only had to work 4.5 hours today? The office was sent home early because the computer system went down yesterday afternoon and still wasn't up by 11am today! Bummer I missed out on 3.5 hours of pay but total bonus that I got to take Cosmo for a long walk, water my plants, go shopping, and watch (and cry during) One Day. Then Scott bought our wonderful Lebanese dinner. And the rest is history!

2 comments:

  1. Saw the Rittersport bars at Target today, one was with marzipan, one was with corn flakes, I think, and the other was on a butter cookie, what is your favorite???

    ReplyDelete
  2. marzipan all the way! we found a grocery store in germany that sold them for cheap. we stocked up.

    ReplyDelete