Friday, March 9, 2012

So. We have a couple things to discuss tonight.
#1: Chickpea Patties
2 TB Braggs
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp powdered garlic
1 tsp powdered onion
1/2 tsp sage
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
dash of pepper
2 TB nutritional yeast
1 can of chickpeas
2 TB ground flax
2 TB brown rice flour
2 TB quinoa flour
1 TB cornstarch
1/4 cup milk (rice)

Mix together the flax, flours, starch, and milk. Set aside briefly. Mash the heck out of the chickpeas (leaving a few whole) and mix in the rest of the ingredients (mix in the milk last). You may need to add more milk, you may need to add additional flour. Form into 4 patties. Heat a skillet up. Spray with some olive oil. Cook the patties for about 5 minutes on each side. (You may also bake them in the oven. This way is just faster. If you're anything like me, you can't wait too long after work till you eat. You start to get a little cranky. *sorry Scott*)

Tonight I cooked 1 cup of brown basmati rice to go with the patties. I also chopped up some kale and sun dried tomatoes and threw them in the skillet for about 30 seconds with 1/2 TB mustard (the GOOD stuff), 1 TB balsamic vinegar, 1 TB maple syrup, and 1 TB Braggs.

#2: Germans know their mustard. (Shout out to my Uncle Jenny, Aunt Dan, and cousins Tali and Mark!)


#3: Our weeping mulberry tree is going crazy. (in a good way) I swear there was not a single leaf 2 weeks ago. Now it's green and filled with fruit.


#4: The Lincoln Lawyer was a much better book than it is a movie. (I'll finish watching it after I'm done blogging, yes, but I just needed to let the world know of my disappointment)
#5: It was in the mid 80s today. Hello San Diego. Might I just say how much I love you?
#6: We are going to plant burgundy beans and 3 varieties of tomatoes this weekend AND make these. And these. And maybe these? (If Scott doesn't care for the latter, I suppose I'll eat them alone. If I have to.)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys will be busy, what is the plan for all the mulberries?? I saw something on plantng in the bottom of water jugs, milk jugs. It looked pretty neat, I think I sent it on to you???!!!! Have a great weekend, and enjoy that wonderful weather.

    ReplyDelete